Saturday, April 4, 2015

Rocket Man Jack Parsons























So for about the past year now I have been researching Jack Parsons, the rocket man of occult fame. These are a few of the books I have been using over the past year. The man fascinates me, he was a student of Crowley, led an OTO group out in Califiornia, and yet also helped to found the JPL, jet propulsion lab, or jack parsons lab of NASA. He even has a crater on the moon named after him in his honor. And yet, lol, all the while performing serious magick along with rocket technology..
I will not go into his life story or tragic and mysterious death, etc etc. What interests me is his later work in witch he talks about a new witchcraft and forming the old covens, all this before Gardner wrote HMA in '49.


This is another book I have been reading witch discusses in great detail some of what I'm talking about. He was a good looking fellow for sure, kinda like the Tom Cruise of magick, lol He was brilliant and his own writings are magick enough of itself. I have read somewhere that he and Gardner corresponded but I have found no proven record of this. Ideas mingle together and form even more new ideas. Parsons saw Babylon as the arrival of the Goddess back to earth. I recommend his work, its been a very interesting study and I have opened my own witchcraft to new ideas because of the rocket man...

"and i think its gonna be a long long time,
till touch down brings me around again to find,
i'm not the man they think i am at home,
o no no no
i'm a rocket man,
rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment